Primary Program (3 to 5 Years)
Between the ages of 3 and 5, children are thirsty for knowledge and ready to begin learning about a variety of topics. We encourage their natural curiosity through a Montessori-inspired curriculum that Montessori-inspired curriculum that combines practical life and sensorial learning with academic preparation.
Key Concepts of the Primary Program
- Students develop their senses, abstract reasoning, and critical thinking skills
- Academic subjects include math, language, geography, foreign language, science, art and music
- Students get the opportunity to pursue their own interests through independent projects with teacher guidance
- With the freedom to explore within a structured environment, student learn sense of order, coordination, and concentration to further enhance the holistic growth
- Montessori-inspired primary classes meet from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Preschool enrichment program meets from 2:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Staff to student ratio for this program is approximately 1:12
- Our programs are State of Maryland-approved
- All lead teachers meet the State of Maryland teaching requirements and are Montessori trained.
- Extended care is available for all primary classes from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Our primary program is year-round, including summer