We understand that finding the right care for your child and your family is a serious endeavor! Every family is interested in placing their child in a safe, healthy, and developmentally appropriate program. At Starmaker School, we pride ourselves of working with parents to understand their needs and the needs of their child or children. Our staff is experienced, dedicated, and qualified. Our school has been serving Southern Maryland families for just over 20 years and we love what we do.
See what other parents are saying about our program
Upon completion of the enrollment application form, please return it to the Director via fax, email, or mail. An enrollment packet will be sent to you as soon as your child is accepted into a program.
THE HALLMARKS OF MONTESSORI
- Multiage groupings foster peer learning, uninterrupted blocks of work time, and guided choice of work activity.
- Each child is valued as a unique individual.
- Beginning at an early age, Montessori students develop order, coordination, concentration, and independence.
- Students are part of a close, caring community.
- Montessori students enjoy freedom within limits.
- Students are supported in becoming active seekers of knowledge.
- Self-correction and self-assessment are an integral part of the Montessori classroom approach.
Given the freedom and support to question, to probe deeply, and to make connections, Montessori students become confident, enthusiastic, self-directed learners. They are able to think critically, work collaboratively, and act boldly—a skill set for the 21st century.